Nandan Shah, M.D.Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Nandan Shah is a Fellowship-trained and Board Certified Orthopedic surgeon with expertise in all aspects of spine surgery. Dr. Shah likes to focus on minimally invasive surgical techniques like use of tubular retractors and robotic assisted spinal surgery to decrease incision size and surgical trauma. Dr. Shah offers his patients fusion sparing techniques like disc arthroplasty or replacement. He also performs complex reconstructive spine surgeries for degenerative scoliosis, congenital or acquired deformity, adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and spinal trauma. Dr. Shah's goal is to help patients experience less pain and increase activity level with minimal downtime after surgery. Despite having surgical care as primary focus of his practice, he encourages all his patients to exhaust conservative treatment options before considering surgery.
In addition, Dr. Shah continues to provide emergency care to orthopedic trauma patients at local hospitals. He has performed myriad of orthopedic trauma surgeries and joint replacements for patients in the community.
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Medical: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Michigan State University Mclaren-Flint, Flint MI
- Spine Fellowship: William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Member
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Member
- North American Spine Society
Dr. Nandan Shah
Dr. Shah specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Spine Surgery